Saturday, June 06, 2009


I've been working in a technical field for years (telecom) and I'm looking for a career change. (Telecom these days requires networking knowledge, Unix knowledge, Microsoft knowledge, understanding of protocols, and hardware)
I am planning to take the 3 courses required for a DBA (Oracle SQL, Admin I, Admin II), but obviously I won't be able to walk into a shop and be a DBA. I've read that starting as a developer is a way in, so I can take an additional PL/SQL class (I may take it anyway). I'm aware that I will need to take a pay cut to start and I am OK with that. Here are my questions:

How do I get started as a DBA?
Are their Entry Level DBA jobs in a shop with Sr. DBAs?
Is starting as a developer a valid way to get a foot in the door or is it a totally different carreer path?
What sort of starting pay can I expect?

0 komentar: